John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
September 29, 2024, 12:19:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donkey Kong issue  (Read 2388 times)
zds76

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2014, 05:14:40 pm »

Can anyone give me a clue? Have you seen this and fixed it? If so any suggestions to get it fixed would be greatly appreciated.

VertexGuy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »

Check your voltages and connections .
zds76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 06:06:04 pm »

voltage is good I put my DKjr in and it played fine. I reseated all the chips and cables. I was going to text all the chips against Ident. But dont have a computer set up to check the eproms yet. and wasnt sure if that would even help?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 06:12:35 pm »

voltage is good I put my DKjr in and it played fine. I reseated all the chips and cables. I was going to text all the chips against Ident. But dont have a computer set up to check the eproms yet. and wasnt sure if that would even help?

Try this site:

http://www.brasington.org/arcade/tech/dk/

It will give an idea where to poke around.

I'll think about this and do some research for you.
mdauria

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 02:33:30 pm »

This happened to mine, turned out to be a bad connection from the PSU to the boards. When you check the voltage, check it across the capacitor towards the top, that will give you the (hopefully +5v) voltage on the board. I had problems with both the +5v and the +10v coming in and had to use flux and some heat to clean the connections back down to metal.
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 02:49:11 pm »

Had the similar happen on my Ms Pac and it was the edge connector to the PCB. Cleaned with an eraser and it's been working ever since. No idea if this would apply to a DK though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: