John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
July 01, 2024, 05:34:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from GameroomDesigns.ca, up here in Canada!  (Read 4588 times)
Gameroom Designs

View Profile WWW
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:24:49 am »

Hey there!

My name is Rick, and I'm the owner of Gameroom Designs Canada. I just wanted to drop in and say I'm a HUGE fan of John's Arcade, and I appreciate your amazing support of the classic arcade and gaming community! (I've even got my seven-year-old Son excited about your show, as just this morning we enjoyed your "Black Knight" gameplay vid before he went to school.)

I recently started Gameroom Designs to help bring more classic arcade options to the Canadian market, as there aren't that many places to get items up here... Right now, we're focusing on flat-pack bartop arcade kits (with a classic flair), cocktail kits and pinball cabinets, but will be expanding our options in the very near future.

But, this certainly isn't a "sales" thread - it's my introduction thread. So, I look forward to talking with everybody more on the forums!

Cheers!

Rick

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:55:37 am »

Those are kind of neat. At the very least you aren't destroying original cabs. I hope you the best in your ventures and welcome to the forums.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Gameroom Designs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 09:59:51 am »

Those are kind of neat. At the very least you aren't destroying original cabs. I hope you the best in your ventures and welcome to the forums.

Thanks Ian!

And you're right - I've also made sure that my cabs WILL fit classic arcade parts. Pop in the right board, power supply and wire it up, and you too can keep a classic alive! Like my most recent customer commission:

Cheers!

Rick

STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 01:01:58 am »

Thanks Ian!

And you're right - I've also made sure that my cabs WILL fit classic arcade parts. Pop in the right board, power supply and wire it up, and you too can keep a classic alive! Like my most recent customer commission:

Cheers!

Rick

The problem is,, you are in a place where we can do that too .
But welcome anyways.
Gameroom Designs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:39:39 pm »

The problem is,, you are in a place where we can do that too .But welcome anyways.

Hardly a problem. I've sold 15 cabinets in the past three months, so there's always someone who would rather buy one than spend their time building 'em from scratch!

Cool

Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 10:12:58 pm »

Interesting, I actually am working on making my own {new not mame} games and amusements. I have a facebook page as "the ghost " I have lots of designs but no money to do anything with the designs. Good to see others making cabinets though we should talk sometime.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Bill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 05:06:19 am »

How awesome is this, I've been looking to rebuild an classic arcade as a new hobby but can't find a machine locally. This would make a great alternative, Where in Canada are you located ?
dm73

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 11:33:47 am »

How awesome is this, I've been looking to rebuild an classic arcade as a new hobby but can't find a machine locally. This would make a great alternative, Where in Canada are you located ?

If I may, (and let me state that Rick did not ask me to respond to this)...  I got their website from someone on Klov.  Gameroomdesigns is out of Ajax, which is a suburb of Toronto.   

To try them out I bought a power supply and jamma harness from them.   Got it in the mail 3 days later.  I was impressed and do plan to purchase more parts.

Steve
Gameroom Designs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 08:20:01 pm »

How awesome is this, I've been looking to rebuild an classic arcade as a new hobby but can't find a machine locally. This would make a great alternative, Where in Canada are you located?

I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this! I thought I had a notification set up for messages from this forum, and it looks like it's been a while since I've visited. (Apologies, again!) As Steve mentioned, we're in Ajax, Ontario. We do ship across North America, and I'd be happy to answer any more questions you may have!

To try them out I bought a power supply and jamma harness from them.   Got it in the mail 3 days later.  I was impressed and do plan to purchase more parts.

Hey Steve, thanks again - both for the order, and chiming in on my extremely untimely response!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: