John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
September 20, 2024, 10:10:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DK Jr. Screen Scrambled  (Read 1596 times)
MF Grocery

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2015, 09:33:43 pm »

Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mcuHXTIOrk&feature=youtu.be

I've never been able to get good video from this monitor in the cabinet. So far on the 20EZ I've tested TR401, TR402, TR403- no issues. Did a cap kit and replaced IC401, HOT, D401, D403, D211, D212, TR204, and D161. Both vertical and horizontal sync pots adjust and affect the image- I just managed to get it stabilized in this video. The vertical sync pot and vertical size pots both had lifted pads on the remote board but I fixed those. Also, the vertical size pot was cracked but I think I managed to fix it since the size now adjusts. I should also mention that I feel confident in checking for broken traces throughout the board and all seems to be good.

I swapped out the game board with a DK board I purchased which was advertised as tested ok but I'm getting some weird sounds coming from it and it doesn't seem like it's booting correctly. Also, this was a Vs. cab which I pulled the harness and created a new one with the edge connector.

I'm now thinking that I need to rule out the monitor or the PCB as the issue by checking the board with a known working non-sanyo monitor, but I've never done this before. Anything I need to be aware of before going that route or should I check something else first?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:36:19 pm by MF Grocery » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 05:00:42 pm »

#1 - Check your B+
#2 - there are adjustment pots on the game PCB. Mess with those?
#3 - there is a sync pot in the middle of the 20EZ chassis. Mess with that?
MF Grocery

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 07:53:03 am »

Thanks John. I had been messing with the H Hold pot in the past but never tweaked it as far as I needed to go. All is good now, just need to do the standard color adjustments.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: