John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
September 28, 2024, 04:26:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Car buying advice?  (Read 2165 times)
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2014, 08:17:44 pm »

HEY GUISE

I'm looking at buying a new vehicle. I am leaning towards a van, suv, or crossover. What kind of vehicle do you use to haul around arcade games and pinball machines? What's your suggestion?

cfg
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 11:02:16 pm »

Crossovers tend to be on the smaller side. My wife's 2010 Subaru Forester can fit a Ms. Pac-man arcade machine on its side but can't fit much else. It requires the front seats to be moved up a little bit so if you're a taller person I wouldn't recommend that.
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:53:49 am »

I have a 1999 ford taurus station wagon that can haul smaller games. even got a die hard half in it and tied the cab to the tailgate
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:47:20 pm »

I have a Odyssey and have got 3 EM pins in there at once. For some reason though 2 arcades are a real tight squeeze depending on the cab.
offset

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 11:10:50 pm »

I have a minivan, but I can only fit 1 game at a time, and games tend to tear up the carpet, etc.   Thinking of putting in plywood or something that I can lay down to keep the damage minimal.

If you have very few games a year, probably ok, dont have to worry about weather.

jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:18:55 pm »

I use a big sheet of cardboard under the cabs when moving them in and out. Helps them slide and keeps them off the carpet. Don't know about other vans but once I stow the rear seat I have to remove my rear seat latches which stick in from each side if I want two cabs or pins in the back. The two latches suck up that extra 6" that I need.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: