John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:32:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Terminator 2 Arcade Keeps Blowing a Fuse  (Read 1545 times)
lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2014, 10:31:45 pm »

I just picked up a T2 arcade.  The guns aren't working...I can hear the firing sound on the screen but don't see any cross hairs.  I was doing a bit of reading and decided to check the fuses on the coil lamp assembly board.  I found that the fuse at the F3 position was blown.  I looked up in the manual and it showed a 1A, FB, 250V fuse.  So I replaced the fuse.  Now when I went in to the gun calibration screen for the first little bit I saw the x/y coordinates weren't just jumping all over the place randomly as they were before when the fuse was blown.  However part way through the calibration it started back up.  I shut it off, checked the fuse and it was blown again.  I checked the 5V on the power supply and it was reading 5V.  I tried one more time with the same results.  Anyone work on these before?  I'm not sure how to proceed from this point.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.  Thanks. 
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 08:48:41 am »

I am not very familiar with this game but I would check the coils in the gun for shorts and maybe just remove them out of the circuit for now. I am sure the wiring diagram in the manual will be able to tell you whats connected to that fuse.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: