John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
September 28, 2024, 06:23:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy birthday 1984 Arcade!  (Read 2152 times)
atariforever2002

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:27:38 pm »

For all you nay-sayers out there that prattle on about how a Classic Arcade cant possibly make it these days, read it and weep. 9 yrs and going strong. AND during a recession! Go ahead, piss on that parade. 

https://www.facebook.com/1984arcade
TimeRunner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:03:16 pm »

I'm not a political science major, but I do know the economy emerged from the recession in June 2009. The general feeling of the economy, however-- in the shitter. Here's some learnin's:

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/14/people-think-were-in-a-recession-dont-blame-them/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:45:28 pm by TimeRunner » Logged
atariforever2002

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 07:51:32 am »

Well, however you want to swing it and without turning this into a political tirade, people are not spending like they used to. They do not have the money too. I know from my own personal business that this is true and I'm not far from Springfield.

The fact remains that I have heard COUNTLESS times from people on various forums, collectors, friends, you name it, that an Arcade would never make it this day and age. Ya? Well, bullshit.
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 01:40:37 pm »

this would fall under, exception to the rule, great for them! glad to see some hardcore arcade sticking it out!  they must be doing allot of things right!

but Classic Arcades can not flourish like the once did, one in every strip mall, on every street corner...

hell you don't see machines in the liquor stores any longer...
offset

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 08:54:55 pm »

Great place, been there a few times now (when I visit Springfield, MO).

Pinball play is still a , but flat fee for video arcades.

They also have a snackbar and have certain nights reserved for parties (great idea).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: