John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:49:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TNT is restoring a Journey.  (Read 3752 times)
Swanland Arcade

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2014, 11:27:28 pm »

As title says:  TNT Amusements is currently restoring a Journey machine.  The video up now is a "Todd's Tips" about reseating the RAM chips without taking the board stack apart. 

John:  I thought you might find this video interesting as it clearly shows the components inside the cabinet and how they're positioned.  The tape deck isn't at all how I thought it would be mounted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdaTUqRfNsM
airsoftmodels

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 11:41:08 pm »

this is John in 35 years, still working on his Journey! Smiley
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 12:22:05 pm »

Cool, thanks for sharing.

I sure hope that's not me in 35 years. Smiley
Hyderyoda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 08:37:14 pm »

wow what a  nice work  bench he is using  Huh? Lets just put the sharp stuff on this pinball glass !!!! No BIGGGY  Cry

Line up ~ Mario wide body, DK ,Time Pilot, Street Fighter II,  Neo Geo , Legends of Gauntlet , Need for speed Underground. Pin Line up (Data East) , Swords of Fury , Mata Hari
Hyderyoda

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:42:11 pm »

wtf  Huh? Power first off YES  Power back on first  UM UM UM NOOOOOOO !!! WTF

Line up ~ Mario wide body, DK ,Time Pilot, Street Fighter II,  Neo Geo , Legends of Gauntlet , Need for speed Underground. Pin Line up (Data East) , Swords of Fury , Mata Hari
VertexGuy
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 10:32:32 pm »

he told me on the phone he wanted $2.500 for it
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 10:50:21 pm »

LOL  Cheesy typical over the moon TNT retail pricing, when I'm ready to buy a Journey I know where two of them sit, and can buy both and still have enough left for beer, pizza and parts.

But to be fair I have bought a few non working boards from them though, very nice people, but I like to do my own work and pay less, I guess we aren't his market though.
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 11:34:04 pm »

Todd is going to have a video up soon regarding an audio mod that replaces the tape player.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 02:30:30 am »

wow what a  nice work  bench he is using  Huh? Lets just put the sharp stuff on this pinball glass !!!! No BIGGGY  Cry

Big fan of Todd, but I have to admit, when he puts the stack on the pin glass and I heard the screech....whoops.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
VertexGuy
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 11:10:36 am »

LOL  Cheesy typical over the moon TNT retail pricing, when I'm ready to buy a Journey I know where two of them sit, and can buy both and still have enough left for beer, pizza and parts.

But to be fair I have bought a few non working boards from them though, very nice people, but I like to do my own work and pay less, I guess we aren't his market though.

I guess not .
I woulda bought the two journeys, beer and pizza by now.
To be honest ive seen one sell without todd's warranty for the same price to a KLOVer .
he is doing the mod, but damn, he has the original tape deck setup and I wonder if that works
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 04:22:34 pm »

I guess not .
I woulda bought the two journeys, beer and pizza by now.
To be honest ive seen one sell without todd's warranty for the same price to a KLOVer .
he is doing the mod, but damn, he has the original tape deck setup and I wonder if that works

well i do got the pizza and beer covered  Grin but the Journey twins aren't going anywhere, the op that owns them is in no rush to sell them to anyone but me, they haven't been moved or used in 25 years, and he's a good friend of mine so I don't have to move too fast. Besides, he knows I spend thousands with him a year, heck he's already got his hands full sourcing me a Dig Dug an empty Pacman cab and a Tron Cheesy but, even if he did sell them I wouldn't be too devastated as it's way down on my list.
VertexGuy
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 12:22:20 pm »

I still woulda bought the two journeys like tomorrow .
Kept one, sold one.
VertexGuy
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 10:16:54 pm »

I wonder how this is fucking going, lemme pop over to his chan and see if they made progress.

Cant believe john got a fucking tape player functioning .. that's impressive.
I guess if you want something bad enough you will get it .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: