John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
September 29, 2024, 01:30:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New member with dual cocktail vs. system  (Read 1500 times)
blantonwh

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2014, 09:28:09 pm »

I have had this system for about 7 years now and have enjoyed having it to play. However, It got neglected the past few years and I am looking to improve the condition and put in back in the house. Currently the system will not play any games. The system will power on but only flash the screens, side A flashes grey, side B flashes all colors and garbled letters and numbers. No sound. I took the PCB out and looked it over and I have found battery acid leaked on the first eprom chips on one side only. The pins have corrosion and I am not sure if this has lead to my systems symptoms.

I would like any help and assistance in repairing this machine through the forums, tech manuals and experience from the educated gamers of this site.

Thanks
Blantonwh
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:15:23 am »

welcome and interesting issue, from reading everywhere what I have learned it looks like the rule of thumb is any of these old arcade machines your first update should be getting rid of the old battery system that can leak and cause problems like you have... and update the battery with a more modern off board solution

I would imagine right now your first plan of action is to clean up the battery mess and evaluate the damage, if things need replaced, there's people on the forums with the access to the tools & parts to do the repairs or supply the repair parts or references to where you can get the parts

our fearless host here has burrowed a nice site of information & like minded individuals that will usually jump in an help with experienced guidance, I'd say you should post up some photos showing the damage and that gets everyone going, always a sucker for picts
VertexGuy
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:16:42 am »

I have had this system for about 7 years now and have enjoyed having it to play. However, It got neglected the past few years and I am looking to improve the condition and put in back in the house. Currently the system will not play any games. The system will power on but only flash the screens, side A flashes grey, side B flashes all colors and garbled letters and numbers. No sound. I took the PCB out and looked it over and I have found battery acid leaked on the first eprom chips on one side only. The pins have corrosion and I am not sure if this has lead to my systems symptoms.

I would like any help and assistance in repairing this machine through the forums, tech manuals and experience from the educated gamers of this site.

Thanks
Blantonwh

Wait til you get our bill...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: