John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
September 29, 2024, 03:16:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from old Blighty  (Read 1780 times)
Dirk DigDuggler

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2014, 03:17:50 pm »

About time I joined. All the usual platitudes... love the show/s - as I listen to podcasts all day long at work I consume a bunch of them and AO is one of the few that I can't wait to get each week. I've listened to VGO for a few years, in fact it was thanks to your RETRO SPECTACULAR that I stumbled upon it while searching iTunes.

Anyway although I love the show I probably won't ever own a real arcade because they cost stupid money here in the UK. I'm a MAME guy for this reason; I can build a pretty authentic game in my workshop using MDF and an old CRT telly which cost about 99p a pop on eBay (huzzah for SCART). Not original I know but weigh this up against the £650 Streetfighter 2 I'm viewing now and you get my point.

I would add that I love the show especially more because it is mercifully short on Pinball chatter. Hopefully it stays this way Smiley Cheers guys.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 03:31:44 pm »

Hi Dirk, I'm from the UK and used to think I could never afford one, then I joined Jamma+ forum in the UK, get yourself on there too and keep watching the for sale section.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:33:37 pm by lesoleil70 » Logged

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 03:31:55 pm »

About time I joined. All the usual platitudes... love the show/s - as I listen to podcasts all day long at work I consume a bunch of them and AO is one of the few that I can't wait to get each week. I've listened to VGO for a few years, in fact it was thanks to your RETRO SPECTACULAR that I stumbled upon it while searching iTunes.

Anyway although I love the show I probably won't ever own a real arcade because they cost stupid money here in the UK. I'm a MAME guy for this reason; I can build a pretty authentic game in my workshop using MDF and an old CRT telly which cost about 99p a pop on eBay (huzzah for SCART). Not original I know but weigh this up against the £650 Streetfighter 2 I'm viewing now and you get my point.

I would add that I love the show especially more because it is mercifully short on Pinball chatter. Hopefully it stays this way Smiley Cheers guys.

Hey, thanks for joining! Ha, the VGO Retro Spectacular. That was a fun one! One of the best Derrick Episodes too. Smiley So fun.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 03:34:46 pm »

If anyone is interested, here's the RETRO SPECTACULAR:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/vid_out_ep_275.mp3

It was a GREAT episode. I remember getting a ton of positive feedback on it.
Dirk DigDuggler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:44:37 am »

Hi Dirk, I'm from the UK and used to think I could never afford one, then I joined Jamma+ forum in the UK, get yourself on there too and keep watching the for sale section.

Yes I got myself on there a few weeks ago. My problem is my grails are things like and Dig Dug which just dont come up and there is a scrum when.they do Smiley .

Oh and the other thing is I'm an amatuer property developer and any games I have will have to move with me every couple of years .

Still, I insist on replicating the experience as closely as I can and I play games on my MAME box with no save states and love it. Im working on my DK score at the moment with my current best just over 300k. A kill screen is on my bucket list!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: