John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:01:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atari Badlands Project  (Read 2451 times)
mrdude

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:06:14 pm »

Plus my wife stripped   Cool  ...the cabinet!  Tongue

The album: http://imgur.com/a/E6VQ4
First video update: https://youtu.be/Kae5jM1rcW0?list=PLbHiYDImGdzC-Kshoq3cVpKqC-xqWRd5Y

So a friend had this and about a year later I ended up with it for free! It needs some TLC but that's how I roll! It has a few issues but nothing that can't be taken care of.

Up and running, but a few things aren't working and the monitor isn't right.

When it arrived at the house.

What the heck...that doesn't look original. That's the top panel of the cabinet.

The gas pedal isn't working...we are at FULL THROTTLE ALL THE TIME!!!! Short in the micro switch and a button had the micro switch fall out.

Listing lazily to the left...crap do I need a cap kit?

Or I'll just put my sweaty tips on it's knobs and adjust it. Wait a minute...that sounds wrong.

Let's get rid of that crappy paint job!

Oh look! The original art.... Unfortunately it couldn't be saved since the CitriStrip went through the vinyl artwork.   Undecided  Not to mention restoring this game might have been a huge PITA.

My wife even stripped for me!  The sides of the cabinet that is!  She found this mildly satisfying. Time for more projects! I'm not going to lie...she was better at it than me.

Nice clean sides. Thanks dear! 

Next on the list is to replace the micro switch for the gas pedal, possibly strip the front, and paint the cab.  I will keep you guys updated.

Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 11:28:44 am »

Very cool. Especially in light of the new Mad Max movie. I'd say Badlands is reminiscent of that movie.

-------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: