John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:56:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from the Netherlands  (Read 1300 times)
Daikath

Sega Enthousiast

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2014, 06:58:06 pm »

I'm a aging nerd and over the years continued to loose interest for the current gen and continued growing interest in retro and arcade games.

It is nog something I'll achieve short term, but I'd love to get a authentic 80's looking arcade cabinet with just a consumer Dreamcast inside. since that machine has a lot of very good home versions of arcade games, from NAOMI games they are perfect arcade ports since it is the same hardware.

For now the issue seems to be getting vector/illustrator art from a lot of arcade dreamcast titles for the side panels(because of the really large printing surface) and finding a proper large old fashioned vga crt monitor, I probably need to hit thrift stores more.

However, a authentic looking arcade cabinet with just a consumer Dreamcast inside would be awesome, it would beed to be with a old fashioned crt monitor with the VGA box, but with the VGA box modded to also play at 15khz for non noami games for some nice authentic scanlines (though noami games will just play at 480i instead of 240p). This feels at least more authentic for a single arcade cabinet with as many arcade games without getting a mamebox, which just feels slightly off.

I hope to read more of here from fellow arcade enthousiasts and how to make sure to maintain our lovely hardware.
OriginalTHK

John's Evil Clone!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 07:34:26 pm »

hi
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 08:16:18 am »

Welcome to the site!  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print